Saturday, December 12, 2009

My Collection for the Holidays



As a wedding gift over 30 years ago we were given "Butch" our first Simpich angel. These were handmade by a family in Colorado Springs, Colorado. They also made Thanksgiving figures as well as Dickens figures in tabletop size. Luckily my mother-in-law lives there and I received an angel every birthday and Christmas. It breaks my heart that the Simpich family has ceased making them since 2007 and this will be the first Christmas not to receive one.

Every angel has a different face and expression. Each is named and very special! When our children were small, angels arrived with soccer or basketballs, other times they were holding a puppy or kitten, some just carried a starfish or train. The little one in the red robe is holding Heidi, the name of our daughter-in-law. You can find them once in awhile on ebay. They began making angel babies but I have stuck with these charming characters. I hope you enjoy them too!

We would love to hear what you collect. It makes decorating the tree even more memorable every year as I unwrap them and remember the time it came to me.

3 comments:

  1. I simply adore your angels!
    What treasures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a good holiday. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. It's always nice to meet fellow francophiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm a new follower! I am collecting stories and pictures of favorite holiday ornaments. Would you be willing to share a story and picture? If so, send it to my private email:
    lantry4@comcast.net

    jackie
    blissfarmantiques.com

    ReplyDelete