Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bloom Where You Are Planted

This is what I've been reminding myself lately.  I had found myself being envious of a good friend who is on a 3 week journey to the south of France and Paris. And envious when I read the wonderful blog of Corey Amaro, "Tongue in Cheek" who is an American married to a (gorgeous) Frenchman, living in a quaint Provencal village.
But I decided to take a break yesterday from lots of hard work lately, and relax with a book in my courtyard here in Colorado.  I was so awed and uplifted looking at my quaking aspen trees, beautiful window boxes of red geraniums and lobelia, and other potted flowers, I tossed the book to the ground and just drank it all in.  Our summer day was 72 cool and breezy degrees.  I decided there was no place else I would rather be.
I wish you the joy of being in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment